Sunday, March 23, 2014

Introduction

Hello everyone! Welcome to my blog for American Cultural History 314.

        

My name is Regan Rosenberg and I was born and raised in Chicago, IL. I am a Junior at Arizona State University and I am majoring in Entertainment broadcast with a minor in Communications. After graduation, I hope to land a job at E! News reporting on the Red Carpet or hosting award shows and 
events in Los Angeles. I currently live in Tempe, AZ.



Eating Belgian waffles in Brussels, Belgium.
This past summer I studied abroad in Barcelona, Spain, where I had the opportunity to live and travel with two of my best friends. We visited Amsterdam, Belgium, Croatia, Ibiza, London, and a few islands along the coast of Spain. I believe traveling is one of the most enriching opportunities one can experience. Barcelona is one of my favorite cities that I visited because it is full of history, art, and entertainment. One place I am itching to visit is Bali, Indonesia. Bali is an island known as the "laid back surfer hangout" and in recent years has become a  famous travel destination.
Barcelona, Spain
             
I believe the effect social media has on society is one of the most defining characteristics in American culture today. In recent years the list of users on social media sites such as Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook have sky-rocketed. Today we have social media apps at the tips of our fingers and we are constantly updated with news, pictures, and status's every minute of the day. More people are spending time staring into a small screen than conversing and interacting with the people around them.


No comments:

Post a Comment